Our sections meet at Willingham Public Hall during school terms at the following times:
Monday 6:00-7:30 Beavers
Tuesday 7:00-8:30 Scouts
Wednesday 6:30-8:00 Cubs
Thursday 7:00-9:00 Pathfinder Scouts
Follow the section links below for more detail on Beavers, Cubs and Scouts.
We use a digital system called Online Scout Manager to support the administration of our group. Parents are provided with access to the ‘Parent Portal’ to view the programme, sign up and pay for events and keep contact details up to date. Initially you will receive a personalised link in an email, and if you subsequently set up an account you can log in here:
No, the new payment system only works using Direct Debits from your bank account.
We can still accept bank transfers to the group account but you must use a clear reference on the payment, and let the event organiser know, so that you don’t get lots of email reminders to pay. Please bear in mind that the bank transfer process adds to the workload of our volunteers.
No, it is not set up as a monthly billing system like an electricity bill. In our configuration of the payment system there are three types of direct debit:
- One-off payment direct debit. The money is just taken once to pay for the event, no further payments are taken.
- Recurring Direct Debit for Nights Away. Once this is set up, a payment is taken for any camps (nights away) that you say ‘Yes’ to your young person attending in the parent portal. The advantage is that you don’t have to re-enter your details every time you make a payment. You will always be notified by email before a payment is taken.
- Recurring Direct Debit for Events: Once this is set up, a payment is taken for any events (e.g. day trip to London) that you say ‘Yes’ to your young person attending in the parent portal. The advantage is that you don’t have to re-enter your details every time you make a payment. You will always be notified by email before a payment is taken.
Direct debit just describes the bank transaction process, it can be used for single payments or recurring payments. Most importantly, any organisation using direct debits is regularly inspected and signs up to strict rules on how the transactions are managed; you will commonly see this in the form of a ‘Direct Debit Guarantee’.
At the moment we’d prefer if you still pay subs via a monthly standing order of £7.50 per month.
When an event is set up that requires you to confirm attendance for your young person, you will receive an email invitation that comes from ‘Online Scout Manager’. In the email is a link to take you to the parent portal where you can say ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to attending the event.
If the event requires payment, you will be given the option to pay: At this point you have 2 choices:
- You can set up a direct debit for a one-off payment
- You can set up a recurring direct debit to cover every time you say ‘yes’ to an event.
2019 term dates
All groups will start back week commencing 7th January 2019 and will finish for Easter week commencing 1st April.
February half term is 18th – 22nd February, no meetings this week.
Most meetings are in the Public Hall but we like to get outdoors a lot. We let you know in advance if you need to meet somewhere else.
Subs are £7.50 per month for each young person. Ideally we like you to set up a standing order for a regular monthly payment. They are payable from the beginning of the month after the young person joins.